Ergonomics tries very hard to reduce difficult physical elements in the job design; however, there are instances where staff are still required to perform manual tasks. Good material handling technique can significantly reduce the risks of lower back injury.
Our training will include:
- An overview of the new ergonomics legislation
- An introduction to ergonomics and correct material handling technique.
- An overview of anatomy and biomechanics of the body and how it relates to injuries and good material handling technique.
- Learning how to approach ergonomics challenges in the workplace as an employee (including planning/team work/communication).
- Learning how to perform good material handling technique.
- Learning 3 strengthening and 3 flexibility exercises important to optimizing good material handling technique.
- On-site/job specific corrected material handling technique of each participant.
- Max 12-15 participants per session (due to practical nature of course).
- R3600 per 2-hr session.
Contact us to arrange training today