The new ergonomic regulations have finally come into effect from the 6th December 2019.
CS Body Health cc can assist companies in complying with these regulations by:
- Performing ergonomic risk assessments to the standard required by the legislation, creating the hierarchy of risks to be attended to and working with in-house staff to determine workable solutions to mitigate these risks. We use the latest statistically backed probability risk analysis for the development of lower back pain and repetitive strain disorders in conjunction with normal risk analysis techniques.
- Perform ergonomics training for health and safety and management staff. We can help management to understand how best to comply and implement these ergonomic changes in the workplace and the benefits of doing so and assist in the formation of ergonomic knowledge and expertise within the company.
- Perform ergonomics training for employees.
- Perform material handling training for on-the ground staff.
- Assist in the improvement of safety culture through training of management and supervisor staff. A good safety culture is imperative to affecting any real-life health and safety changes in the workplace.
- We can supply computer based ergonomic risk assessment and desk exercise software for office staff.
What we do best, however, is to provide a complete solution using ergonomics aimed at improving productivity, product quality, staff morale, safety climate while aiming to reduce work related injuries.
Our approach includes using the latest research-based assessment techniques and we provide statistical evidence to help drive a change agenda at the highest levels. To accomplish this, we:
- Start with baseline testing of various pre-agreed parameters such as worker productivity, current rates of worker injuries/types of injuries and any association to worker productivity (in terms of rands) and current safety climate (safety climate affects the uptake of any ergonomic changes in the workplace).
- This is followed by a system analysis (e.g. in a warehouse, we would assess the system to determine if certain functions were delaying picking times unnecessarily or causing increased body fatigue which would lead to delayed picking times and product damage and an increase in potential injuries) as well as a full ergonomic assessment with staff involvement to find workable solutions to reduce important risk factors, aiming to find the most cost-effective and easy-to-implement solutions available. This is all documented in the report submitted.
- Assist in the implementation of the controls, including any necessary training required at both the management, supervisor and employee level in terms of safety climate and ergonomics.
- Provide any exercise or material handling training that may help reduce potential injuries.
- Perform post implementation testing to determine the effects of this programme and relay this in both terms of changes to injury rate, productivity rate and how this converts to Rands.
SOME OF OUR CLIENTS:
BP, COCA- COLA PENINSULAR BEVERAGES, ROBERTSON & CAINE, SAB-INBEV, FOSCHINI GROUP, TOTALGAZ, IMPERIAL DEDICATED CONTRACTS, CTICC, SIMBA, CPUT, ABSA, BRANDHOUSE, EASIGAS, VERSO, SABC, ORYX ENERGIES, JOHNSON & JOHNSON.
What Our Clients Have to Say:
“Cecily Schmidt participated in the Johnson & Johnson Cape Town Safety Week. She was equally proficient in covering both office as well as factory ergonomics. She was able to please and educate the crowd across age groups, and at the same time keep the attention of artisans, operators, packers, and office workers. Thank you for a job well done.” – Debbie Flandorp, Quality Assurance Manager, Johnson and Johnson.
“I went to see Cecily Schmidt with severe lower back pain. After a few sessions, Cecily had eased the pain, but what really impressed me was that she took it way beyond that. When she found out I spent long hours working at a computer, she came to my office to see what that meant for me in terms of my body: how I sat, the position of my hands relative to my keyboard and my body, and the height of my chair and my screen. She recommended some fairly simple changes – but these simple changes have made an incredible difference not only physically, to the health and strength of my back, but also mentally: I find I am more alert for longer.
In one of our sessions Cecily made the wry comment that in many cases she thinks she takes the health of her patients more seriously than they do, and this struck home, which is why I was determined to implement the changes she advocated. The difference was so profound that I subsequently asked Cecily to come in and evaluate the workstations of my entire team, which she did. The results have been equally extraordinary.
Her suggestions have made a great difference to the productivity and general wellbeing of my team, and I would highly recommend that any team that is as computer-bound as ours is make use of her excellent service”. SUZY BROKENSHA, Editor, FAIRLADY,www.fairlady.com
“Cecily- the feedback has been AWESOME! The staff were really impressed with the not only the level of service but all the expertise which you and your colleagues provided and as such would love to welcome you back to our next day”. Zita Marinus| HR: Employee Lifecycle Team| brandhouse
“Cecily Schmidt has been providing a physiotherapy service at our company for the past 6 months, which incorporates workstation assessments and various other techniques that has been a huge benefit to our staff. She also uses the opportunity to educate employees regarding proper posture when carrying out their tasks and we have had very positive feedback. I would definitely recommend the service, which is also affordable and ultimately impacts positively on productivity and absenteeism”. Venita Henkel, Occupational Health Practitioner, Edcon
“Cecily Schmidt under the banner of CS Bodyhealth has conducted industrial hygiene surveys (ergonomics), employee workstation training and took part in BP Health week programmes. Her services reflect high quality outcomes and extreme professionalism that is accompanied by scientific data analyses. I hereby would recommend CS Bodyhealth for challenges that are related to industrial hygiene (ergonomics and physiotherapy services)”. GERT CHERRO MATSHOGE, BP Wellness Coastal